6 AND 8, ALL SAINTS ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352048

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: 6 AND 8, ALL SAINTS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 6 AND 8, ALL SAINTS ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352048 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 12:51:55.

Location

Statutory Address: 6 AND 8, ALL SAINTS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Creeting St. Mary

National Grid Reference: TM 09692 56795

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CREETING ST. MARY ALL SAINTS ROAD TM 05 NE (SOUTH SIDE) 4/56 Nos. 6 and 8 - - II

Two houses, built as one in late C16; probable earlier core, and alterations of c.1700. 2 storeys. 3-cell plan, originally with cross-entry. Timber- framed and plastered (No.8 is rough-cast). Plaintiled roofs; an axial chimney of red brick. Various C19 and C20 casements; two C18 windows with iron casements, and an ovolo-moulded mullioned C17 window. No.8 has a C19 6- panelled door, No.6 a C20 2-panelled door with an open porch on brick piers. No.8 comprises the hall and parlour cells: good late C16 features include:- chamfered ceiling joists, an arched doorway in the hall, open fireplaces to hall, parlour and one chamber, original newel staircase. A single-storey wing was added to the front c.1700. The service cell to left (now part of No.6) has a lower roofline and is possibly of earlier date. Until mid C20 the Buck's Head Inn.

Listing NGR: TM0969256795

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279305

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing