This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1352068



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Creeting St. Mary

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 279308

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



CREETING ST. MARY KETTLE LANE TM 15 SW Riverside Farmhouse 7/59 II

The description shall be amended by the addition if the following sentences:

Original stick baluster stair and adjacent 3-centred arch over access to rear wing.

Primary-braced studling exposed on round floor of rear wing, some components re-used


CREETING ST. MARY KETTLE LANE TM 15 SW 7/59 Riverside Farmhouse

- - II

Farmhouse, built as a mill-house; probably 1798 as plaster date in cartouche on rear gable. Timber-framed and plastered; two original end walls of flint rubble with quoins of red brick (the gables plastered). Plaintiled roofs with axial and gable chimneys of red brick. 2 storeys. 3 windows. Original 3- light casements, with undersquare upper lights above transomes. Original entrance doorway: 6-panelled door, the top pair of panels glazed. Eared architrave and moulded pediment. A rear service wing bears the date 1798. The Bosmere watermill stood close to, or attached to the house until early C20.

Listing NGR: TM1046854367

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 10468 54367


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352068 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2017 at 12:40:37.

End of official listing