DOVES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352092

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: DOVES FARMHOUSE, MILL GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOVES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352092 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 06:14:51.

Location

Statutory Address: DOVES FARMHOUSE, MILL GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Stonham Aspal

National Grid Reference: TM 13671 60442

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STONHAM ASPAL MILL GREEN TM 16 SW 2/179 Doves Farmhouse - - II

Former farmhouse. Probable mediaeval core, with major alterations of c.1600 (plaster date 160- above initials R.C. over entrance). Restored c.1980. 2 storeys, the parlour block with attics. 3-cell cross-passage entrance plan; the parlour cell added c.1600. Timber-framed and roughcast. Plaintiled roofs; the parlour cell has a roof of cross-wing form, with an oversailing gable tie-beam, moulded and with well carved diagonally set drop-finials at either end having once had shallow arch-braces. 3-light mid C20 casements with leaded lights; the parlour chamber has a pair of small original C17 4- light mullioned windows. In the hall is a tall oak mullioned window of c.1980, perhaps a restoration of an original open-hall window. Circa 1980 4- centred arched doorway with boarded door, at cross-entry postition. Interior not examined.

Listing NGR: TM1366760442

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279430

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing