FLINDERS COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352120

Date first listed: 22-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: FLINDERS COTTAGE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FLINDERS COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352120 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 03:33:46.

Location

Statutory Address: FLINDERS COTTAGE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Framsden

National Grid Reference: TM 19833 59734

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FRAMSDEN THE STREET TM 15 NE 4/59 Flinders Cottage - - II

House, late C15 or early C16 with alterations of c.1800. 1 storey and attics. A 3-cell open hall house. Timber-framed and roughcast. Plaintiled roof with gabled casement dormers of c.1800. An axial C18 chimney of red brick and a C19 end chimney to right. C19.small-pane casements. C19 or early C20 gabled entrance porch with mid C20 boarded door. The open hall has been greatly altered, the open truss being removed. One blocked rear cross-entry doorway has a 4-centred arched head and evidence for a spere. The blocked 6-light front hall window has some square mullions. The parlour cell has massive lodged floor joists and good close-studding with wind-bracing of convex arch form. Roof structure not visible. In late C16 a chimney was placed near the cross-entry, and an upper floor of chamfered joists inserted in the hall. Circa 1800 the service cell was extended to left and the partition (which contained two original service room doorways) was repositioned.

Listing NGR: TM1983359734

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279678

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing