DENNYS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352157

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: DENNYS FARMHOUSE, TANNERY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DENNYS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352157 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 01:33:13.

Location

Statutory Address: DENNYS FARMHOUSE, TANNERY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Combs

National Grid Reference: TM0428756314

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COMBS TANNERY ROAD TM 05 NW

2/102 Denny's Farmhouse -

GV II

Former farmhouse, c.1600 with early C16 core. 3-cell lobby-entrance plan since C17, 2 storeys and attics. Timber-framed and plastered. Plaintiled roof with axial chimney of red brick; the lower section has narrow bricks of c.1600, the upper part reubilt in C19. C19 and C20 casements. Mid C19 door at lobby-entrance position: 4 panels (the upper pair glazed), eared architrave. Framing almost entirely concealed. To right is an outhouse with glazed pantiled C19 roof; this was part of the house until then, and probably a dairy: early C16 with fully exposed framing, a complete blocked diamond mullioned window, and massive unchamfered floor joists. Thomas Denny founded here a tannery business in 1711, which, largely under the regime of Lankester Webb (d.1887) grew into the large complex standing to the south of this house.

Listing NGR: TM0428756314

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279877

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing