FASBOURNE HALL WITH ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AT THE EASTERN CORNER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352168

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: FASBOURNE HALL WITH ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AT THE EASTERN CORNER, VALLEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FASBOURNE HALL WITH ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AT THE EASTERN CORNER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352168 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 04:25:57.

Location

Statutory Address: FASBOURNE HALL WITH ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AT THE EASTERN CORNER, VALLEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Buxhall

National Grid Reference: TL 99660 56635

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUXHALL VALLEY LANE TL 95 NE

1/52 Fasbourne Hall with attached garden wall at 9.12.55 the eastern corner

GV II

Farmhouse, formerly manor house, early C17 with major C19 alterations; possible earlier core. Red brick; a moulded band at 1st floor level. Plaintiled roofs; the main section (originally a crosswing) is hipped; one gabled C19 dormer with C20 casement. An axial C17 chimney of red brick; a square shaft with a pilaster on each face and an original cornice of moulded brick. Small-pane sashes; some early C19 but most renewed c1980 with p.v.c. sashes and casements. The former main range was truncated and remodelled in mid or late C19; prominent entrance porch of c.1900; timber-framed with decorative work, plaintiled roof, a pair of glazed panelled inner entrance doors. To right is in attached set-forward late C19 greenhouse, to which is attached a C17/C18 garden wall of red brick, about 2m high with a sawtooth course beneath moulded terracotta copings. It extends about 20m south-east -from the eastern corner.

Listing NGR: TL9966056635

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279827

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing