ROOKERY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352173

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: ROOKERY HOUSE, MILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROOKERY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 20:59:41.

Location

Statutory Address: ROOKERY HOUSE, MILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Battisford

National Grid Reference: TM 02200 53966

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COMBS MILL ROAD, BATTISFORD TM 05 SW

5/83 Rookery House - - II Former farmhouse. Built in 2 stages: a C15 or perhaps late C14 range of 1½ storeys, and a range of 2 storeys and attics added 1752 as dated on chimney. Timber-framed and roughcast. Thatched roofs, the medieval section to left is hipped. Axial chimneys of red brick, that to right is inscribed with the initials ID above the date 1753 on a terracotta plaque. Mainly mid C20 small- pane casements. The left hand section comprises an altered open hall with service cell. The hall open truss is almost entirely missing, but there is a smoke-encrusted coupled-rafter roof. Very widely spaced studding for Suffolk, with reversed arch windbracing at the corners; a splayed scarf joint with under-squinted and sallied butts in the rear wallplate suggests a probable C14 date. An inserted C17 chimney backs onto the cross-entry. Mid C20 internal alterations. The C18 range is of 2 cells with back-to-back fireplaces; the hall is built on the site of the original parlour cell.

Listing NGR: TM0220053966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279858

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing