LODGE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352186

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: LODGE COTTAGE, LOWER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LODGE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352186 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 11:06:51.

Location

Statutory Address: LODGE COTTAGE, LOWER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Onehouse

National Grid Reference: TM 00550 59027

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ONEHOUSE LOWER ROAD TM 05 NW

2/150 Lodge Cottage -

GV II

House, probably early C16 with extensions of c.1600, c.1700 and mid C20. Of 3-cell plan, with a rear service wing added c.1700 to right. One storey and attics. Timber-framed and plastered. Thatched roof, hipped at right hand end; 2 C19 casement dormers. An axial chimney of pink/buff brick. Small-pane casements of C19 and C20. Gabled late C19 or early C20 porch with C18 or early C19 2-panelled door at lobby entrance position. An unusual survival of a very small house, probably not later than c.1550. An open hall house with a cross-entry at the present front entrance position. Heavy, widely-spaced studwork and smoke-blackened coupled-rafter roof. A single-cell extension to right has mid C16 framing and a blocked diamond mullioned window. An inserted floor in the hall reuses several heavy medieval joists. In late C16 or early C17 a further cell was added to left with unchamfered floor joists and clasped purlin roof; perhaps at this time the chimney was inserted into the cross- entry. To rear is a service wing of c.1700 with good pegged primary braced studwork for date, and clasped purlin roof. A mid C20 flat-roofed single- storey extension to left is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TM0055059027

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279925

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing