CHURCH COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352252

Date first listed: 29-Jul-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 18-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH COTTAGE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352252 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:27:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH COTTAGE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Wilby

National Grid Reference: TM 24177 72024

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WILBY THE STREET TM 27 SW

3/157 Church Cottage ( formerly - listed as Post Office and 29.7.55 Premises adjoining Post Office on the E.)

GV II

Originally 3 cottages, now all one dwelling. In 2 sections. Right hand range. Mid C18 former pair of cottages. Timber framed and plastered, with panels of ropework pargetting at the front (mostly renewed mid C20). Thatched roof. 2 storeys. 3 windows, mainly C19 casements. 2 boarded doors. Central axial stack. Left hand range. Dated 'EB 1797'. Colourwashed brick, thatched roof. 2 storeys. 2 windows: to ground floor 3 and 4-light small-paned casements under segmental arches; 3-light square-leaded windows to first floor. 2 doorways with 4-panel raised and fielded doors, that to the left a half-door (now blocked) which may have originally led into a workshop. Gable stack to right. Single-storey lean-to addition to left.

Listing NGR: TM2417772024

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 280277

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing