WILLOW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352275

Date first listed: 15-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: WILLOW HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of WILLOW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352275 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 21:21:26.

Location

Statutory Address: WILLOW HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Bacton

National Grid Reference: TM 06086 66411

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BACTON FORD'S GREEN TM 06 NE

2/18 Willow Hall

- II

House, early C16 with alterations of c1550-1570. 2 storeys, 3-cell plan with lobby- entrance. Timber-framed and roughcast. Hipped thatched roof; an axial chimney, the shaft rebuilt in C19 red brick. Mid C19 2-light small-pane casements. Battened and boarded C20 door at lobby entrance position; C20 open thatched gabled porch on posts. The house has a central 2-bay hall; an early form of timber-framed chimney once stood in its left-hand bay. In the roof space is an area of smoke- encrusted plaster and a part of the oak framing of the head of the chimney. To rear of the site of the chimney is a chamfered 4-centred arched doorway leading to the parlour beyond. Coupled-rafter roof, arch bindbraced close-studding and diamond-mullioned windows (blocked). Circa 1550 the service cell to right was demolished and a parlour block built with brick chimney, (the bricks are unfired except at the fireplaces to hall and parlour). Good framing with unchamfered exposed joists; the 1st floor over the hall was rebuilt at this time also. Over the parlour block is an arch braced collar-beam truss.

Listing NGR: TM0608666411

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 280500

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing