HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1352323
Date first listed:
15-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:12:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Stowupland
National Grid Reference:
TM 07186 60085

Details

STOWUPLAND CHURCH ROAD TM 06 SE

5/172 Holy Trinity Church 09/12/55

II

Parish church, 1843, by T.M. Nelson. In the Gothick style. Gault brick with slender buttresses at bay intervals, rising to eaves level and with steeply gabled heads. Slated roofs. Square tower with a corbel table at the head, and a tall copper-clad spire. Nave, sactuary and west tower. The church is aligned parallel to the road, with the tower at the south-west end. Nave 5 windows long; the sanctuary is very short with lean-to vestry. Lancet windows with double-splayed brick reveals; diamond leaded lights. Main entrance in south-west face of tower, with pointed hoodmoulded doorway and door with narrow vertical panels; the vestry doorway is similar. Complete interior: open kingpost roof. Panelled gallery on cast iron columns, bearing coat of arms of George IV; organ brought from Culford Church. C14 limestone font, plain and octagonal with traceried stem; removed from Creeting All Saints Church (demolished 1800). Fine octagonal pulpit of c.1600 and probably of Flemish origin, with carved figures on 5 faces.

Listing NGR: TM0718660085

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
280655
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00623/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George C Scott. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].