THE WHITE HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352410

Date first listed: 09-May-1988

Statutory Address: THE WHITE HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE, THE GREEN BURY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WHITE HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352410 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:46:30.

Location

Statutory Address: THE WHITE HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE, THE GREEN BURY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Beyton

National Grid Reference: TL 93417 63290

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 96 SW BEYTON THE GREEN, BURY ROAD

4/14 The White Horse Public - House

GV II

Public house, early C19 with core of 1694 or earlier. Painted brick, all but the right hand bay encasing timber-framing. Pantiled roofs: one gabled casement dormer. Various plastered chimneys: one axial chimney in the rear wing has a sunk panel with the date 1694. 2 storeys and attics. 3 windows. Early C19 windows with cambered heads: 3-light horizontally sliding casements with small panes (some mid C20 casements and a splayed bay at ground storey). Cl9 fielded panelled entrance door: a flat C20 canopy extends over the bay window. To left and adjacent to Church Road is a timber-framed C17 crosswing much remodelled in C19, with strongly jowled principal posts and other framing members exposed. This may be of 1694, but the chimney of this date may be intruded into an earlier C17 building. A flint-walled C19 extension to rear was incorporated with the earlier wing in C20 to form an occasions room.

Listing NGR: TL9341763290

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 281117

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing