HIGH HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1352446
Date first listed:
23-Jun-1988
Statutory Address:
HIGH HOUSE FARMHOUSE, DUBLIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGH HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352446 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 08:28:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
HIGH HOUSE FARMHOUSE, DUBLIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Occold
National Grid Reference:
TM 16221 69744

Details

OCCOLD DUBLIN ROAD TM 16 NE 4/38 High House Farmhouse - II Farmhouse. Circa 1600, possibly incorporating earlier work at service end. Timber framed, the facade cased in early C19 red brick; the gable ends and rear are a combination of cement render, common brick casing and metal cladding. Roof has clay pantiles at front and interlocking concrete tiles at the rear. 2 storeys and attic. 3-cell, lobby entry type. 3 windows, mainly large-paned mid C20 casements under segmental arches; one 4-paned sash window of c.1900. Mid C20 door with semi-circular plastered panel over, probably once a fanlight. Internal stack, the base of the shaft rendered. External stack against right gable end, now mostly rebuilt. Good interior. Hall has close-studded rear wall; a large original window, now blocked, has 6 ovolo mullions. Axial bridging beam with ovolo moulding and recessed soffit; plain joists. Open fireplace with cambered lintol. The parlour was originally unheated (an unusual arrangement); there is exposed studding with a further blocked window and an ovolo axial bridging beam; the joists are concealed. Further studding on upper floor, the parlour chamber with tie beam encased in C17 plasterwork. Service end has mostly on-edge joists; a heavy mid rail is about 0.3m below ceiling level. The floorbeam shows evidence for an axial partition. Some good early doors. Roof not examined.

Listing NGR: TM1622169744

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
281319
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10673/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Edward Erbes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].