CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352554

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352554 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 18:09:04.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney (District Authority)

Parish: Uggeshall

National Grid Reference: TM 45616 80382

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

UGGESHALL TM 48 SE 4/68 Church Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Dated 1600 on internal wall post; remodelled mid C18 and extended to right C19. Timber framed with modern roughcast render except the right hand addition which is in colourwashed brick. Slated roof. 2 storeys and attic. 4 windows, mainly C18 3-light mullion and transom casements. Lobby entrance with good C18 porch: 6-panel door, eared architrave, Doric pilasters, entablature and triangular pediment; the side windows have semi-hexagonal heads. Central axial stack. The hall has an ovolo-moulded main beam with enriched barred stop-chamfers and exposed joists; the wall posts supporting the main beam both have decorative heads with carved panels, that to the front bearing the boldly-carved date 1600, that to the rear apparently with the 2 sets of initials 'RN' and 'MB'. The parlour, together with part of the hall, was rebuilt in mid C18 when the whole house was re-roofed. On the first floor is a fireplace, possibly original, with a depressed 2-centre arch and stucco surround. Within the attic are 2 early diamond-leaded windows, now placed in internal partitions. Newel stairs. Only a little of the timber frame is exposed.

Listing NGR: TM4561680382

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 282027

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing