LOW FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352592

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: LOW FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOW FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352592 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 19:26:42.

Location

Statutory Address: LOW FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney (District Authority)

Parish: Uggeshall

National Grid Reference: TM 45875 81217

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

UGGESHALL TM 48 SE 4/58 Low Farmhouse

- II

Former farmhouse. 1565, for Robert Crowfoot: the front ana rear wallposts in the parlour are carved respectively with the date and name 'Robart Crofot'. Restored from 3 cottages in 1960's. Timber framed and plastered, pantiled roof. 2 storeys and attics. 3 cell form, originally with cross-passage entry. Most of the windows have roll-moulded mullions and diamond-leaded glass: some are original, others including the large ground floor windows are mid C20 copies. Lobby entrance with mid C20 plank door in early frame with arched head; the doorway to the cross-passage has been blocked although the doorframe is still visible. Internal stack and external stack to right hand gable end. Interior with good exposed framing and joists. The hall and parlour have good fireplaces with the original timber lintols; the heads of the wallposts in both these rooms are carved with rectangular panels with fluting beneath, the panels in the parlour containing the date and name referred to above. On the first floor is a section of re-used plank and muntin screen and a matching door over which is a baluster-type grill. Newel stairs; original floorboarding and some original doors. The roof has clasped and butt purlins, with arched wind-bracing between. A rare example of a dated house also bearing the name of the original owner. The will of Robert Crowfoot, dated 1572, is preserved at the County Record Office, Ipswich.

Listing NGR: TM4587581217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 282017

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing