THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1352606
Date first listed:
01-Sep-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
27-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352606 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 08:01:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Waveney (District Authority)
Parish:
Ringsfield
National Grid Reference:
TM 40347 88402

Details

RINGSFIELD CHURCH ROAD TM 48 NW 5/41 The Old Rectory ( formerly listed as The 1-9-53 Rectory) GV II House, formerly the rectory. Mainly C18, the front range being added sometime between 1755 and 1784; extended c.1800 and altered early C20. Red brick, with a moulded string course across the facade at first floor level. Hipped slated roof. 2 storeys. 5-bay facade, the centre 3 bays set forward and originally pedimented; this pediment was removed early C20 when the house was re-roofed. Inset sash windows with glazing bars under flat brick arches with raised keys. Flanking single-storey lean-to additions of c.1800, with matching double- arcaded screen walls terminating in a blank window panel. The main doorway is set within the inner arch of the right hand screen wall: inset 8-panel door, the upper 4 panels glazed; panelled reveals. Matching door in corresponding position to left. Both the main ground floor rooms have good enriched plaster cornices; the right hand room is panelled, with a panelled plaster ceiling.

Listing NGR: TM4034788402

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
282192
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14739/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Sarah Meaker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].