This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

147, HIGH STREET, 146, HIGH STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 147, HIGH STREET, 146, HIGH STREET

List entry Number: 1353047

Location

146, HIGH STREET
147, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Lewes

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Lewes

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Oct-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 293203

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for

TQ 4109 LEWES HIGH STREET (north side)

14/221 Nos 146 and 147

The previous listing date "25.2.52" shall be applied only to No 147

------------------------------------

TQ 4109 NW LEWES HIGH STREET 14/221 (north side)

25.2.52 Nos 146 & 147

GV II

House pair, now shop pair. Mid C19. Stuccoed with plain raised quoins. Bracketted eaves cornice to plain tiled roof with ridge stacks in centre and to left. 3 storeys; regular 2 window front, glazing bar sashes. C20 single shop-front with glazed door to right at left on ground floor, (No 146); C20 double shop-front with inset central glazed door to right, (No 147). The party wall between this building and the Freemason's Hall to right (q.v.) contains considerable remains of the medieval West Gate, pulled down in 1777.

Listing NGR: TQ4126709985

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 41268 09982

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1353047 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 05:12:17.

End of official listing