117-118 Marina

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1353240
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1976
Statutory Address:
117-118, Marina, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 0BN

Map

Ordnance survey map of 117-118 Marina
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1353240 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 21:16:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
117-118, Marina, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 0BN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
East Sussex
District:
Hastings (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 79286 08778

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 07/06/2019

TQ 7908 NW 9/421

St Leonards on Sea MARINA Nos 117 and 118

(Formerly listed under THE MARINA, St Leonards)

GV II Circa 1830 by James Burton. Stuccoed. Parapet and cornice. Three storeys. Three windows. Ground floor rusticated with three wide segmental arches with moulded impost, containing two panelled doors with fanlights, at centre, and windows either side the right-hand one large and modern. First floor balcony with ornate cast iron balustrade and canopy. Sashes without glazing bars, first and second floor in moulded architraves. Slate roof. Including basement area wall, low, stuccoed, with paired pilasters and coping. No 117 has plaque with inscription "Thomas Carlyle Author and Historian lived here 1864".

Nos 111 to 127 (consec) form a group.

Listing NGR: TQ7928608778

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
293995
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/02348/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Clive Read. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].