1-7, DRAYMANS MEWS, ST PANCRAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1354389

Date first listed: 24-Apr-1989

Statutory Address: 1-7, DRAYMANS MEWS, ST PANCRAS

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1-7, DRAYMANS MEWS, ST PANCRAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354389 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 01:21:56.

Location

Statutory Address: 1-7, DRAYMANS MEWS, ST PANCRAS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Chichester (District Authority)

Parish: Chichester

National Grid Reference: SU 86735 04957

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 8604 20/608

CHICHESTER, ST PANCRAS, 1-7 Draymans Mews

(Formerly listed as No 112A)

GV II

Maltkiln. Dated 1803, and mid C19; altered. Kiln of red brick in Flemish bond with Welsh slate roof; adjoining building, dated 1803, of red brick with blue headers in Flemish bond, with irregular bonding to left return and tile-hung gables, plain tile roof; added range of pinkish brick in Flemish bond with plain tile roof. Kiln, square on plan, linked at rear to adjoining 2-storey, 5-bay building, with added range set back on right of 1 storey, 3 bays. Kiln: inserted board door under concrete lintel on north west side; half-way up on south-west and north-east sides a timber plate, and the latter side has round end plates of 2 ties; pyramidal roof, cowl removed. 1803 building; segmental header-brick arched windows to ground floor, square-headed 1st floor windows set below stepped dentilled eaves, all windows blocked or boarded up; north-east side has 2 ground floor windows and 3 above, with datestone between 2 on left inscribed: "C" T&A June 1803. half hipped roof. Rear has 4 windows to ground floor, 3 above. Left return has a small ground floor window and right return an inserted doorway. Added range, on right, mid C19, has entrance with double door flanked by windows on right, another window to left, openings with segmental header-brick arches and windows bricked up; stepped dentilled eaves; blocked openings in rear wall; in right return wide inserted folding garage door. Interior: drying floor removed from kiln, but doorway remains at upper level giving access from adjoining range. This has 1st floor and loft floor removed, the loft formerly carried on the large scantling cross-beams, with boarded walls and ceiling; collared principal rafter roof trusses with plank ridge piece and staggered butt purlins. Added range formerly had loft floor similarly supported, queen post and queen strut roof trusses. The kiln and added range are both later than the 1803 range, but this range appears to have served a maltings function and the present kiln probably replaces an earlier, similar structure.

Listing NGR: SU8673504957

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 300320

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing