THE GATEWAY TO THE WEST OR MAIN DRIVE OF BURTON PARK (ST MICHAEL'S SCHOOL)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1354406
Date first listed:
22-Feb-1955
Statutory Address:
THE GATEWAY TO THE WEST OR MAIN DRIVE OF BURTON PARK (ST MICHAEL'S SCHOOL)

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GATEWAY TO THE WEST OR MAIN DRIVE OF BURTON PARK (ST MICHAEL'S SCHOOL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354406.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 00:27:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE GATEWAY TO THE WEST OR MAIN DRIVE OF BURTON PARK (ST MICHAEL'S SCHOOL)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
West Sussex
District:
Chichester (District Authority)
Parish:
Duncton
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 96031 17225

Details

SU 91 NE DUNCTON DUNCTON VILLAGE

13/125 The Gateway to the west or main drive of Burton 22.2.55 Park (St Michael's School)

II

Gateway. The mansion is in Barlavington parish. The gates were probably erected by Major J S Courtauld in 1919, but in C18 style. Double crested wrought iron gates to carriage drive, flanked by pedestrian gates set in a railing which curves round to stone gate-piers that have lost their caps.

Listing NGR: SU9603117225

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
300425
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 44 West Sussex,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/17001/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Keeble. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].