THE WOOLPACK PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1354756
Date first listed:
27-Nov-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
29-Jan-1998
Statutory Address:
THE WOOLPACK PUBLIC HOUSE, WESTEND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WOOLPACK PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 17:18:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE WOOLPACK PUBLIC HOUSE, WESTEND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
West Sussex
District:
Mid Sussex (District Authority)
Parish:
Burgess Hill
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30181 19903

Details

TQ 31 NW BURGESS HILL WESTEND ROAD

1/7 Westend Farm

The Woolpack Public House 27.11.75 II

Formerly a farmhouse, now public house. Original part of 1621, extended in C18 with later C18 parallel wing and large C20 extensions which are not of special interest. Front range cement rendered to front and red brick to side and rear range. Hipped tiled roof with off central brick stack, end chimneystack and further brick stack to rear wing. 2 storeys. 3 windows. C20 casements, gabled porch with C20 half-glazed door and further C20 double door to left. Right hand side has triangular buttresses, rear range has one C20 casement, cambered to ground floor, the remainder of this front now concealed by C20 extensions. Attached to front is low brick forecourt wall. Internally the right hand front room has a chamfered spine beam with lambs tongue stops and similar floor joists, an open fireplace with wooden bressumer with rush light marks and mark where the crane was attached. The front wall retains a shutter groove to an original window. On the other side of the open fireplace the frame appears C18 and the rear range has an C18 parlour fireplace. This building was formerly Westend Farmhouse and was conveyed in 1621 under the name Floods Hatch.





Listing NGR: TQ3018119903

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
302104
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06568/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Newell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].