LITTLE PELHAM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1354960

Date first listed: 06-Apr-1970

Statutory Address: LITTLE PELHAM, BLACK HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE PELHAM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354960 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2018 at 10:29:53.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE PELHAM, BLACK HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Mid Sussex (District Authority)

Parish: Lindfield

National Grid Reference: TQ 34450 25272

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 3426 LINDFIELD BLACK HILL (north east side) 6/152 Little Pelham 6.4.70 GV II House, formerly schoolmaster's house. c1825 built by William Allen (1770-1843) a Quaker and Social Reformer. This building and No's 1-6 Pelham Place Cottages (see item 151) the only surviving buildings from Allen's social experiment. Stuccoed with hipped slate roof. 2 storeys 2 windows. 12 paned sashes on 1st floor with jalousies. Ground floor window also 12 paned with rectangular fan- lights above. Simple right hand doorcase with 4 panelled door. Tented canopy on cast iron pillars. Attached at each end are sections of curved walling in rat trap bond, ramped up at ends, with moulded brick coping, terminating in square sandstone piers with stone caps. (See Country Life - November 22nd 1956).

Listing NGR: TQ3445025272

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 303063

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 22 November, (1956)

End of official listing