MONUMENT 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1354967

Date first listed: 15-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: MONUMENT 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, PENSHAW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354967 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Apr-2019 at 04:57:43.

Location

Statutory Address: MONUMENT 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, PENSHAW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sunderland (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 32916 53867

Details

NZ35SW HOUGHTON-LE-SPRING PENSHAW LANE (west side) 4/56 Penshaw.

Monument 25 metres south of Church of All Saints.

G.V. II

Monument. 1878, erected by Sir George Elliot, Bart. MP. in memory of his father Ralph Elliot of Penshaw Colliery, died 1872, and of his mother, brothers and son. Chest of grey granite sides and pink granite top has ashlar cornice and plinth. Iron railing set between 6 low square pillars with pyramidal tops stands on vermiculate stone base on large sloping- topped plinth.

Listing NGR: NZ3291653867

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 303212

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing