LAND OF GREEN GINGER SHOPPING MALL AND FORMER CHURCH HALL ADJOINING ON EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1354984

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1978

Statutory Address: LAND OF GREEN GINGER SHOPPING MALL AND FORMER CHURCH HALL ADJOINING ON EAST, FRONT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LAND OF GREEN GINGER SHOPPING MALL AND FORMER CHURCH HALL ADJOINING ON EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1354984 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 23:58:22.

Location

Statutory Address: LAND OF GREEN GINGER SHOPPING MALL AND FORMER CHURCH HALL ADJOINING ON EAST, FRONT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 36845 69354

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TYNEMOUTH FRONT STREET (south side) NZ 3669 SE Tynemouth 9/67 Land of Green Ginger Shopping Mall and former church hall 16.11.78 adjoining on east. G.V. II Congregational church (now shopping mall) and hall. Church 1868 by Thomas Oliver; hall dated 1886 in door lintel. Coursed rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof with stone gable coping. Stone spire and spirelets. Modified late C13 style. Church oriented north-south; ritual west to Front Street has tower at right, hall adjoining on east. Steps up to tower double door which has ballflower ornament to moulded arch on twin shafts; upper stages of tower have 2-light belfry openings beneath arcades with slit windows. Broach spire with lucarnes. 4-light west window. Lower one-bay link to 3-storey 3-bay gabled hall on left, of similar materials. Stone mullioned-and-transomed windows, the upper ones pointed-arched. Right return of church has 4 gables with 2-light windows. Historical note: hall erected by members and friends of the Congregational church for public and educational purposes. Source: H.E. Craster History of Northumberland vol. VIII 1907. p.377.

Listing NGR: NZ3684569354

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 303313

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Craster, H H E, 'A History of Northumberland' in The Parish Of Tynemouth, (1907), 377

End of official listing