MONKTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1355094

Date first listed: 18-Jan-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Feb-1985

Statutory Address: MONKTON FARMHOUSE, MONKTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONKTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355094 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 07:31:29.

Location

Statutory Address: MONKTON FARMHOUSE, MONKTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 32021 63669

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 36 SW JARROW MONKTON LANE (north side) 2/97 Monkton Farmhouse (formerly listed 18.1.49 under Monkton Village) GV II*

House, formerly farmhouse. Mid C18. Ashlar sandstone; Welsh slate roof; repaired brick gable. 2 storeys, 3 windows. Central 8-panelled door in Tuscan doorcase of stone; sash windows in raised surrounds have rusticated lintels imitating voussoirs, east gable has 2 high narrow widows; rear off- shot raised to 2 storeys. End brick chimney. Interior: staircase dogleg with local characteristic of diminishing balusters at the turn; 2 turned balusters to a tread. Historical note. Re-used lintel-stone in wall over door has inscription 'RFA' '1740' flanking arms of Cock family. Richard and Ann Forster were tenants and occupiers in 1740. Information from D Kear.

Listing NGR: NZ3202163669

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 303759

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing