TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1355237
Date first listed:
30-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE), BROAD CHARE
Statutory Address:
TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE), TRINITY CHARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355237 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 17:10:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE), BROAD CHARE
Statutory Address:
TRINITY HOUSE NUMBERS 7 AND 8 (PREMISES OCCUPIED BY LIVE THEATRE), TRINITY CHARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Newcastle upon Tyne (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 25386 63977

Details

NZ 2563 NW BROAD CHARE (west side off)

24/130 Trinity House Nos 7 and 8 (Premises occupied by Live Theatre)

G.V. II

Former Almshouses, now offices and bar. Dated 1782 on panel. Painted brick; Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays. Double door with four beaded panels under 4-pane overlight central in each 3 bays, with pointed hoods above. Tripartite sash windows with glazing bars in wide boxes have brick lintels, those on ground floor with semicircular centre painted in imitation of Venetian window. Blind windows above doors painted trompe l'oeil. Central panel on first floor names officers in 1782 when houses built. Interior shows cast iron kitchen ranges with floral decoration, by Heppell's foundry; 2-panelled doors throughout. Probably Trinity House property since C16,

Listing NGR: NZ2538663977

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
304435
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Nov 2000
Reference: IOE01/03097/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].