DRINKING FOUNTAIN AT CORNER OF CLAYTON ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355246

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1971

Statutory Address: DRINKING FOUNTAIN AT CORNER OF CLAYTON ROAD, GREAT NORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRINKING FOUNTAIN AT CORNER OF CLAYTON ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355246 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 04:00:07.

Location

Statutory Address: DRINKING FOUNTAIN AT CORNER OF CLAYTON ROAD, GREAT NORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Newcastle upon Tyne (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 24872 65720

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 26 NW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE GREAT NORTH ROAD (east side) 8/422 17/12/71 Drinking fountain at corner of Clayton Road (north side) G.V. II Drinking fountain. Circa 1901. Signed by Marshall and Tweedy, architects, and W. Donaldson sculptor. In memory of W.D. Stephen, 1827-1901, mayor and sheriff of Newcastle, promoter of maritime commerce and temperance and the welfare of the poor. Erected by public subscription. Sandstone ashlar and pink granite with bronze roundel; cast iron railings. Tall sandstone panel, with scrolled date panel in broken pediment, has garlanded swags to-pediment and to flanking high obelisks on deeply-moulded plinths. Low flat-coped walls at each side have iron balustrades. Granite basin beneath inscription in main panel with round plaque.

Listing NGR: NZ2487265720

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 304587

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing