CARETAKER'S FLAT, BRANDLING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1355322
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
CARETAKER'S FLAT, BRANDLING HOUSE, B 1318

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARETAKER'S FLAT, BRANDLING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355322 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:52:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
CARETAKER'S FLAT, BRANDLING HOUSE, B 1318

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Newcastle upon Tyne (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
North Gosforth
National Grid Reference:
NZ 24887 71280

Details

NZ 27 SW NORTH GOSFORTH B1318 (east side) Gosforth Park 4/54 27 August 1952 Caretaker's flat, Brandling House. G.V. II* Ancillary pavilion to country house, now residence and part of club. Dated 1757 on rainwater head. By James Paine for Charles and Elizabeth Brandling (CBE on rainwater head). Sandstone ashlar with plinth; graduated Lakeland slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays and left coach-house extension of one storey, one bay. Rusticated quoins to central 3 bays; Central double door and overlight with glazing bars; C20 door with overlight in first bay. Fixed lights on ground floor; sashes with glazing bars above flanked by niches in window-shaped recesses. First floor sill string, dentilled eaves gutter cornice; parapet to hipped roof with central chimney. Coach-house at left has inserted window with glazing bars in blocked segmental- arched opening: panelled impost bands; eaves cornice and blocking course.V.R. letter- box in left return.

Listing NGR: NZ2488771280

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
304974
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01221/03
Rights: Copyright IoE D.S Ridley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].