Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355336

Date first listed: 13-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: THE GRANGE, 12, MILL LANE


Ordnance survey map of THE GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355336 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Apr-2019 at 03:41:24.


Statutory Address: THE GRANGE, 12, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Bidford-on-Avon

National Grid Reference: SP 08892 53444


SP05SE BIDFORD-ON-AVON MILL LANE (North side) Broom 5/60 No.12 (The Grange)

- II

House. Late C17/ early C18, alterations and additions c.1806. Coursed limestone rubble with brick patching, addition on left roughcast. Tile roof with wood dentil eaves cornice. 2-unit plan, extended to 3 units. 2 storeys, 3-window range. 6-panelled door with moulded wood architrave. C19 iron casements, 2-storey bay on left with wood casements. External chimney breast to left gable. Interior has some exposed timber framed partitions and straight flight staircase. Open fireplace in room on left has 2 bressumers, one high up the other, larger and more recent, below, and date 1806 recently revealed. -panelled doors. Room on right extended late C20 into single storey link to stable from pine panelling of large fielded panels, possibly early Georgian, brought in from elsewhere. Late C19 additions to rear. Roughcast removed from front late C20. Stable, now attached on right by single storey stone wing, originally separate. C17. Timber framing with whitewashed brick infill and tile roof. 2 bays, 2 stable doors to rear. Good framing, complete and exposed on 3 sides. 4th side also complete and visible inside house.

Listing NGR: SP0889253444


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 305072

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing