This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1355430

Location

CHURCH FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Morton Bagot

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 305475

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MORTON BAG0T SP16SW 5/125 Church Farmhouse 01/02/67

GV II Farmhouse. c.1580 (VCH), Timber framed; close studding to ground floor with small framing above; lath and plaster and whitewashed brick infill. Tile roof; brick stacks. Double-depth lobby-entry plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range, Central entrance has C18 part-glazed 6-panelled door with moulded wood surround and hood on shaped brackets. C18/C19 casements with glazing bars. Attic has 3 substantial timber framed gable dormers. 2-span roof. Central stack of thin bricks has square shafts with V-pilasters. Left return side of 2 adjacent ranges with jowled posts and tile-hung gables. Irregular fenestration. Right return side has jowled posts. To rear: 2 ranges. Higher one-window range on right refronted in brick. C20 casements under segmental brick arches. Lower range on left has 2 ground floor casements. Interior: Room on right has C17 hall-height panelling, built-in dresser and open fireplace. Lobby has winder staircase with stop-chamfered newel post. Room on left has stone fireplace. Kitchen has open fireplace. Ogee stop-chamfered ceiling beams, Said to have queen post roofs. Forms part of an important group with barn range (q,v.), Church of the Holy Trinity (q.v.) and barn and shelter shed (q.v.).(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.III, p.134).

Listing NGR: SP1123464673

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1945), 134

National Grid Reference: SP 11234 64673

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355430 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 03:06:54.

End of official listing