PARISH CHURCH, ROW OF 3 HEADSTONES DATED 1755,1701 AND 1703 APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1355477
Date first listed:
30-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH, ROW OF 3 HEADSTONES DATED 1755,1701 AND 1703 APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH, ROW OF 3 HEADSTONES DATED 1755,1701 AND 1703 APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355477 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 20:01:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH, ROW OF 3 HEADSTONES DATED 1755,1701 AND 1703 APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)
Parish:
Compton Wynyates
National Grid Reference:
SP 33017 41923

Details

COMPTON WYNYATES SP34SW 3/77 Parish Church, row of 3 headstones dated 1755, 1701 and 1703 approx. 6m. S of E end of nave

GV II

Row of 3 headstones. Ironstone. First dated 1755. Scrolled shoulders. Illegible inscription. Second dated 1701. Scrolled head. Memorial to Henry Stile. Third dated 1703. Scrolled head. Memorial to Ann wife of Henry Stile. The Stile family are reputed to be the family of millers which supplied Compton Wynyates from the tower mill which is situated to the north of the house. (Buildings of England: Warwickshire, 1981, Vol.V., p.243).



Listing NGR: SP3301741923

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
305840
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Wedgewood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1981), 243

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07406/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Morphew. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].