SUNNY COTTAGE AND ATTACHED BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355574

Date first listed: 08-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: SUNNY COTTAGE AND ATTACHED BARN, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUNNY COTTAGE AND ATTACHED BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355574 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 10:10:49.

Location

Statutory Address: SUNNY COTTAGE AND ATTACHED BARN, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Warmington

National Grid Reference: SP4118547668

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARMINGTON THE GREEN SP 4047 (West side) 9/250 Sunny Cottage and attached barn

GV II

House. Early C17. Coursed squared ironstone rubble. Concrete tile roofs; end stacks of brick on left, stone and brick shaft on right. 2-unit through-passage plan. 2 storeys; 3-window range. Old ribbed plank door with strap hinges in chamfered wood frame, with wood lintel. 2- and 3-light leaded casements have painted wood lintels. Chamfered stone fire window on right. First floor has central 3-light stone mullioned window with hood mould. 2-storey, 2-window range to right incorporates part of barn of c.1500, altered and raised late C18/early C19 as a stable or cowhouse and hayloft; converted late C20. Tile roof. Late C20 casements with glazing bars. To rear: stone mullions and old leaded casements. Interior: stone flagged through passage. Room to left has open fireplace and stepped stop broad-chamfered ceiling beam. Other rooms have chamfered beams. Some old plank doors. Bedroom has built-in cupboard of C17 panelling. Barn attached on right. c.1500. Coursed ironstone rubble. Thatched roof. 2, probably formerly 3 bays. Double doors. Small casement to right. Interior: 2 pairs of raised crucks. The foot of one blade has been cut off. Rough upper and lower collars, purlins and rafters. The house includes one room of Carpenters Cottage (q.v.).

(R.B. Wood-Jones: Traditional Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region: 1963, pp.22,23,226).

Listing NGR: SP4118547668

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 306361

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Wood-Jones, R B, Traditional Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region, (1963), 22, 23,226

End of official listing