36 AND 38, TELEGRAPH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1355623
Date first listed:
02-Sep-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
16-May-1988
Statutory Address:
36 AND 38, TELEGRAPH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 36 AND 38, TELEGRAPH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355623 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 05:40:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
36 AND 38, TELEGRAPH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)
Parish:
Shipston on Stour
National Grid Reference:
SP 25774 40694

Details

SHIPSTON ON STOUR TELEGRAPH STREET SP2540 (North Bide) 14/150 Nos.36 and 38 02/09/52 (Formerly listed as No.36, No.38 (separately listed))

- II

2 cottages, formerly house. Dated 1729. Limestone ashlar with coped gables. Plain tile roof with brick ridge stack and end stack with ashlar base. 2 storeys plus attic; 3-window range. 3-unit plan. To centre left a C19 four-panelled door with concrete lintel. To centre right a C20 four-panelled door with gabled hood. To left of ground floor a C19 three-light casement in original chamfered opening. To first floor left and centre left a C19 two-light casement. 2 ground floor and 2 first floor openings to No. 36, to right, are C20 three-light casements. Two gabled dormers. To first floor centre right a moulded datestone inscribed in bas-relief 'P/IA/1729'. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP2577440694

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
306516
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10624/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].