PARK VIEW FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355639

Date first listed: 13-Oct-1966

Statutory Address: PARK VIEW FARMHOUSE, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARK VIEW FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355639 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 16:08:40.

Location

Statutory Address: PARK VIEW FARMHOUSE, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Tredington

National Grid Reference: SP 24714 46508

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TREDINGTON CHAPEL LANE SP24NW (North side) Newbold-on-Stour 1/231 Park View Farmhouse 13/10/66

- II

Farmhouse. Dated 1714. Squared, coursed limestone with ashlar quoins, storey band and coped gables. C20 tile roof with brick end stacks on stone bases. 2 storeys; 3-window range. 3-unit plan. To ground and first floor left and right a 3-light mullioned and transomed window. To ground and first floor centre a 2-light mullioned and transomed window. Most windows have C19 casements with 'diamond' glazing bars. To first floor centre left a datestone inscribed 'WR/1714'. Further ?-light mullioned and transomed window on left gable end has old leaded-lights and hood moulds with label stops. To right gable end a C18 twenty-four pane sash with moulded architrave and hood. 2-light mullioned and transomed window below. Sundial in gable with moulded hood. To rear a long, stone range of one storey plus attic with 4-panelled door and overlight, dormers and garage doors at end. This range is probably an original outbuilding, converted C19. Gable end has one 3-light ovolo-moulded mullioned window, now blocked. Interior not inspected but likely to be of interest. (V.C.H.: Worcestershire, Vol.3, p.543).

Listing NGR: SP2471446508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 306597

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1913), 543

End of official listing