BISHOP'S COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355674

Date first listed: 29-May-1987

Statutory Address: BISHOP'S COTTAGE, WYNDHAM LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BISHOP'S COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 20:12:49.

Location

Statutory Address: BISHOP'S COTTAGE, WYNDHAM LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Allington

National Grid Reference: SU 20421 39516

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ALLINGTON WYNDHAM LANE SU 23 NW (north-east side) 4/18 Bishop's Cottage II

Farmhouse now house. Late C18 on site of earlier building destroyed by fire. Colourwashed flint with brick quoins and banding on a brick sill. Thatched roof. Two storeys, 3 bays. Central door replaced by window, all windows C19 paired casements within segmental headed openings. Boarded door in lean-to on left, enclosed in glass porch. Offsetting brick courses at eaves. Gable stacks. Continuous lean-to at rear, formerly dairy, and rear wing on left now containing kitchen. Interior altered, original kitchen probably in left bay fireplace. Spine beam to living room. Wattle and daub partitions on first floor. Original stair was in outshut. Building was built by a Richard Bishop, bricklayer, who acquired the site in 1789 and sold the house in 1804. (R.C.H.M. Survey)

Listing NGR: SU2042139516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319916

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing