GATES, PIERS OVERTHROW AND FORECOURT WALL TO NORTH WALK OF NO 19 AND ITS EXTENSION TO EAST IN FRONT OF CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1355839

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1972

Statutory Address: GATES, PIERS OVERTHROW AND FORECOURT WALL TO NORTH WALK OF NO 19 AND ITS EXTENSION TO EAST IN FRONT OF CHAPEL, THE CLOSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATES, PIERS OVERTHROW AND FORECOURT WALL TO NORTH WALK OF NO 19 AND ITS EXTENSION TO EAST IN FRONT OF CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355839 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 14:26:26.

Location

Statutory Address: GATES, PIERS OVERTHROW AND FORECOURT WALL TO NORTH WALK OF NO 19 AND ITS EXTENSION TO EAST IN FRONT OF CHAPEL, THE CLOSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Salisbury

National Grid Reference: SU 14429 29650

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THE CLOSE 1. I+9i+ Gates, piers overthrow, and forecourt wall to north walk of No 19 and its extension to east in front of Chapel. SU 1429 NW 3/42A II GV 2. Low brick wall across front with stone coping. 2 plain carriage gates C18 wrought iron each side and swept, up in centre to square stone piers with moulded bases and cases and large carved pineapple finials. Curved scrolled wrought iron overthrow and lamp holder, faith scrolled side panels with pyramid cresting. Plain bar gates. The extension to east contemporary with Chapel circa 1881. Brick banded flint rubble wall with tiled coping toothed brick underneath and door with stone jambs.

All the listed buildings in the Close form an outstanding group.

Listing NGR: SU1440529652

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 318989

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing