MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1355980
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
20-Sep-1979
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 12:59:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Swindon (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hannington
National Grid Reference:
SU 17223 95283

Details

1. 5410 HANNINGTON HANNINGTON WICK Manor Farmhouse (formerly listed as Manor) SU 19 NE 2/226 26.1.55

II*

2. Apparently mid-to-late C17 but possibly later (see porch). Symmetrical front. Two and a half storeys. Two gabled bays. Rubble with ashlar quoins and weathered coping with ball-finials and moulded footstones to gables. Stone tile roofs with central chimneys of 3 diagonal shafts (modern brick). Plinth, chamfered lintel strings to ground and first floors. Three light ovolo mullion windows with relieving arches. Two light attic windows with drips and bullseyes over. Central projecting ashlar gabled tower porch of 2 storeys, appears circa 1720. Segmental pediment to eared doorway; label over, apparently returning that of main building. Modern Tudor-style door. Two storey angled bay on return to south of 1-3-1 lights with lintel strings returned. Lower gabled extension to left with blocked attic, a further chimney with diagonal shafts, rear door to left of chimney axis with granary over. Interior: interesting Jacobean-type staircase with slat ballusters and on landing an unusual double stair arrangement.

Listing NGR: SU1722395283

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
318338
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jan 2005
Reference: IOE01/13802/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Rendle. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].