Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Date of most recent amendment:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1355999.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 06-Dec-2021 at 18:30:31.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Swindon (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SU 15238 90725


1. 5410 BLUNSDON ST ANDREW HIGH STREET (north side) Broad Blunsdon Manor House (formerly listed as Manor Farmhouse) so 1590 21/77 26.1.55


2. Early C17 and later C17. 'L' plan rubble with stone tile roof. Two and a half storeys and cellar. Modern porch in angle. Ashlar chimneys with moulded capping (diagonal when in pairs). Two bays to left wing and one to right hand, glazing bar sashes. Gable ends have open pediments, or triangular labels, above windows of first and attic floors. Two gables to west, one with a pair of chimneys; stair with mid C19 window with intersecting glazing; and a number of very small windows. Rear: 2 gables one with later brick diagonal chimneys, the other with triangular labels to sash windows and blocks to lintels and at transom (lost) level. Interesting interior details: the staircase is square-plan Jacobean with 3 landings between floors, heavy balusters and handrails, and corner and centre pillars (corners panelled). Arcading between pillars on first floor landing. On the first floor a circa 1600 fireplace with plain panelled spandrels and rounded stop chamfer. The ground floor parlour has another circa 1600 fireplace with panelled spandrels and high stop chamfers cut back. Door to parlour and to cellar has decorative stop chamfers which look later than early C17.

Listing NGR: SU1523890725


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/13000/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

User contributions are not fact checked and do not represent the official position of Historic England.

Request a correction of the list entry

Read the Enriching the List Terms and Conditions

For any other issue or if you need help, please email: [email protected]

Upcoming maintenance

Enriching The List will be unavailable on 7 & 8 December to allow us to prepare for the launch of an upgraded version.