NORTH MEADOW BOUNDARY STONES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356087

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1986

Statutory Address: NORTH MEADOW BOUNDARY STONES

Map

Ordnance survey map of NORTH MEADOW BOUNDARY STONES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356087 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 11:29:48.

Location

Statutory Address: NORTH MEADOW BOUNDARY STONES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cricklade

National Grid Reference: SU 09457 94516

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 09 SE CRICKLADE -

5/72 North Meadow Boundary Stones

GV II

Boundary stones in North Meadow. 1824. Silicaceous limestone. A series of 20 stones erected after the 1824 enclosure award to demarcate hay lofts in the common field. There were formerly 31. Of the 20 that survive some are later replacements in sandstone. Original stones carry initials of plot owners, JB, TP, WI, and DH. (B.J. Whitehead in W.A.M. 76, 1981).

Listing NGR: SU0945794516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 317721

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine' in Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine, , Vol. 76, (1981)

End of official listing