HAZLEBADGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1356169
Date first listed:
29-Sep-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
12-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
HAZLEBADGE HALL, NEW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAZLEBADGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356169 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 14:14:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
HAZLEBADGE HALL, NEW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Hazlebadge
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 17168 79998

Details

SK 17 NE 3/86

PARISH OF HAZLEBADGE, NEW ROAD (East Side), Hazlebadge Hall

(formerly listed as 'The Ball')

29-9-51

II*

Remains of former large house, now farmhouse. 1549, altered in C17 and C19. Rendered stone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Steeply pitched slate roof with stone ridge and gable end stacks. Two storeys, single bay building, probably originally much larger. Gabled west facade has central 6-light recessed and chamfered mullion window with hoodmould, each light with 4-centred arched top and incised spandrels. Above similar 5-light window, both windows have grid like metal windows with leaded glass panels tied on, dating from 1918. Immediately above in gable, a crest and coat of arms of the Vernons carved in relief with plaques either side at the top, that to north with illegible initials, that to south inscribed '1549'. South facade has chamfered doorcase with C20 door to west. To east 6-light chamfered mullion window with major mullion between second and third lights. 3-light chamfered mullion window beyond to east. Above similar window. Moulded beams inside. Fine timber roof structure with cusped wind braces under purlins.

Listing NGR: SK1716879998

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80699
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].