FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1356201
Date first listed:
19-Jan-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE, 62, DOVECOT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356201 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 19:54:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE, 62, DOVECOT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Stockton-on-Tees (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 44318 19005

Details

NZ 4419 SW STOCKTON ON TEES DOVECOT STREET NZ 4418 NW (north side) 27/38 29/38

19.1.51 No 62 (Friends Meeting House) (Formerly listed as The Quaker Meeting House)

II*

1876. 2 storeys. 5 windows, centre breaking forward slightly. Brick with occasional headed courses. Stone dressings, cornice and blocking course. Glazing bar sash windows with architraves, eaved to cills, and with cornices on ground floor. Hipped slate roof with hipped gable to centre bay. Panel over blocking course in centre inscribed "Friends' Meeting House". Rear eleva- tion simpler but with central entrance with bracketted cornice to blocking course. Back garden wall of similar brick in English garden bond with stone coping.

Listing NGR: NZ4431819005

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
59436
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01298/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ray Wallace Thompson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].