HOME FARM DAIRY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356227
Date first listed:
18-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
HOME FARM DAIRY, ALKRINGTON HALL ROAD NORTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOME FARM DAIRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356227 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 19:57:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOME FARM DAIRY, ALKRINGTON HALL ROAD NORTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rochdale (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 86641 05190

Details

MIDDLETON, ALKRINGTON HALL, SD 80 NE, ROAD NORTH 2/2

Home Farm Dairy

18.8.86

G.V.

II

Stables, now workshop with house adjoining. A re-facing of post 1735 of a slightly earlier building. Possibly by Giacomo Leoni who designed the hall in 1735. Brick, now rendered, with stone dressings and graduated stone slate roof. Three bays and two storeys with lean-to sheds against rear, a l-bay addition to left and a C20 house to right which is not of special interest. Originally a symmetrical elevation with projecting plinth, rusticated quoins and eaves cornice. Central door with fanlight and Gibbs surround. Two windows to either side (one with door inserted) have keystones, stone sills and C20 casements. Central keyed oeil-de-boeuf on first floor with keyed oculus to left and square opening (formerly an oculus) to right. Interior: Purlin roof on two king-post roof trusses with curved struts. Painted oak panelling by staircase.

Listing NGR: SD8664105190

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
213442
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00526/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Pamela Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email Enriching[email protected].