CHURCH OF ST ALBAN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356259

Date first listed: 19-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ALBAN, ATHOL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ALBAN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356259 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 09:12:14.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ALBAN, ATHOL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 33931 92367

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3392 ATHOL STREET L5

18/104 Church of St. - Alban - II

Catholic Church. 1849. Weightman and Hadfield. Stone with slate roof. Single-vessel nave and chancel of 7 bays, aisles with lean-to roofs and SW tower (orientation given is-conventional: ritual W is actual N). Style of c.1300. Tower has clasping buttresses. W entrance has 3 orders of- shafts. Canopied niche containing statue of Virgin and Child above. Bell stage has 2-light plate tracery openings. Corbelled parapet with battlements. Nave has 4-light clerestory windows. N aisle has deep moulds with carved stops. W entrance has shallow porch and dog-tooth moulding. Interior: 7-bay double-chamfered arcade on round piers. Waggon roof, panelled over l-bay chancel. Chancel and flanking chapels have alabaster altars and reredoses; continuous altar rail. Octagonal alabaster pulpit has traceried sides. Small side chapel at W end of S aisle has alabaster altar and reredos. Wooden W gallery with arcaded balcony and canted projection. Some C19 stained glass at E end.

Listing NGR: SJ3393192367

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 213708

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing