BLACKBURNE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356293

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1975

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: BLACKBURNE HOUSE, 1, BLACKBURNE PLACE, LIVERPOOL, L8 7PE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLACKBURNE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356293 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 17:04:56.

Location

Statutory Address: BLACKBURNE HOUSE, 1, BLACKBURNE PLACE, LIVERPOOL, L8 7PE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SJ3557289669

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20/05/2015

SJ 3589 NE 57/152

BLACKBURNE PLACE L8 No.1, Blackburne House

(Formerly listed as Liverpool Institute High School for Girls, BLACKBURNE PLACE, previously listed as Liverpool Institute High School for Girls (original house only))

14.3.75

GV II

Former school, part originally house 1785-90 enlarged 1874-76. Brick with stone dressings, slate roof. 2 storeys with basement and attic, 7 bays. Sill bands top cornice and blocking course. Ground floor has tripartite windows with colonnettes, pilasters and tympana with foliage and busts. 2nd and 6th bays have 2-storey canted bays with architraved windows with entablature above. Central bay projects, ground floor rusticated, round-headed entrance flanked by paired composite columns supporting entablature and pierced balcony to 1st floor. 1st floor windows have panelled pilasters, consoled entablatures and pediments, canted bays have central segmental pediments. Central bay has rusticated quoins and tripartite window with tympanum. 2nd and 6th bays have gables with paired round-headed windows. Central bay has flat pilastrade and 3 round-headed windows, segmental pediment; domical roof with clock and iron cresting. Entrance hall has modillioned cornice, Corinthian stair screen with granite columns. Stair has coved ceiling with rich plaster decoration and octagonal roof light. Right return to street is original house, 4 bays with portico of 4 Ionic columns to double stairway. Sash windows, with flat brick arches.

Listing NGR: SJ3557289669

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 213764

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing