STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH AND WEST OF STABLE YARD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1356330
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH AND WEST OF STABLE YARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH AND WEST OF STABLE YARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356330.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 00:15:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH AND WEST OF STABLE YARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 40826 94232

Details

SJ 3409 CROXTETH PARK SJ 408942 L12

15/328 Stable block to north and west of stable yard (formerly listed under Croxteth Hall Lane with other buildings 14.3.75 on stable yard at Croxteth Hall)

G.V. II*

Stables and coach houses, now residences. Dated 1676 on south facade and 1706 on east facade. Brick with stone dressings, slate roof. L-plan, 2 storeys. Stone base and quoins. Segmental-headed windows have brick flat arches, those to 1st floor with sliding sashes. Entrances have segmental heads and stone surrounds. Date plaques have Molyneux arms. West facade has oval (?) ventilation holes (blocked) and a bay defined by quoins with segmental-headed cart entrance (blocked). Small cottage attached to outer angle, early C19. North end has clock tower with square base and cupola on 6 columns with fighting cock weather cock.

Listing NGR: SJ4082694232

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
213959
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Sep 2006
Reference: IOE01/16604/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Tim Belcher. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].