CHURCH OF ST MARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356419

Date first listed: 06-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARK, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356419 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 15:52:10.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARK, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Tameside (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 93774 98169

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DUKINFIELD CHURCH STREET SJ 99 NW (west side) 3/1 Church of St. Mark - II

Church. 1848-9. By Joseph Clarke for the Church Commissioners; tower 1880-1 by J. Eaton and Sons. Snecked stone, ashlar dressings and slate roof. Nave with aisles, clerestory, porch and north-west tower; chancel with vestry and organ chamber. 5-bay nave and aisles have paired lancets, weathered buttresses (clasping at corners) and circular clerestory lights. Porch in bay 2. 4-stage tower with angle buttresses, lancet openings, clock faces and a machicolated parapet with stepped merlons and grotesque gargoyles. Coped gables with cross finials. Piers at the east of the nave were formerly terminated in large pinnacles which now form garden features. Interior: nave arcade has alternating round and octagonal piers with moulded capitals and bases. Double-chamfered chancel arch. Scissor-braced roof trusses. Various timber fittings, stained glass and alabaster font.

Listing NGR: SJ9377498169

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 212456

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing