AQUEDUCT OVER THE RIVER TAME

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356423

Date first listed: 06-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: AQUEDUCT OVER THE RIVER TAME, PEAK FOREST CANAL

Map

Ordnance survey map of AQUEDUCT OVER THE RIVER TAME
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356423 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 00:14:52.

Location

Statutory Address: AQUEDUCT OVER THE RIVER TAME, PEAK FOREST CANAL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Tameside (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 93503 98396

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The asset was previously listed twice also under List Entry 1068000 in the Parish of Ashton Under Lyne. This entry was removes from the list on 6th May 2015. This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 07/05/2015.

DUKINFIELD PEAK FOREST CANAL SJ 99 NW 3/12 Aqueduct over the River Tame (Formerly listed as Aqueduct over the River Tame (The part in Dukinfield) and Peak Forest Canal Aqueduct over the River Tame (That part in Ashton Under Lyne))

G.V. II

Aqueduct. 1794-1801. B. Outram and Thomas Brown engineers. Ashlar and dressed stone with engineering brick arches. 3 elliptical arches separated by semi-circular-ended cutwaters from which rise tapering pilasters. 2 stone bands. The parapet walls are curved in plan and have square terminating piers. The east side has been much repaired and the parapet wall has been rebuilt. The mouth is grooved for stop-planks.

Listing NGR: SJ9350398396

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 212468

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing