HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356432

Date first listed: 06-Oct-1987

Statutory Address: HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356432 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 14:14:41.

Location

Statutory Address: HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Oldham (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Shaw and Crompton

National Grid Reference: SD 93523 08750

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 90 NW CROMPTON CHURCH ROAD (west side) 4/13 Holy Trinity Church G.V. II Church. 1870-71. By J. Drew. Rock-faced stone with slate roof. Nave with clerestory and aisles, crossing tower and chancel with side chapels and vestry. 4-bay nave has projecting plinth and weathered buttresses. Each bay has a 3-light window and the porch is incorporated into the west end of the aisle. Bold tower with octagonal corner stair turret, clock faces, two 2-light openings to each side of the belfry and a pyramidal roof (rather than the intended spire). Gabled south transept with rose window. 5-light east window with Decorated tracery. The juxtaposition of the various roofs around the tower results in a pleasing picturesque quality. Interior: circular columns with moulded capitals and bases support the double-chamfered nave arcade. Arch-braced and scissor-braced roof trusses. Timber fittings, wrought-iron screens, wall paintings, font and pulpit, mosaic reredos and stained glass. A church has existed on the site since 1515.

Listing NGR: SD9352308750

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 212417

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing