ACACIA HOUSE WITH LEFT RETURN TO THE GREEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356640
Date first listed:
29-Apr-1952
Statutory Address:
ACACIA HOUSE WITH LEFT RETURN TO THE GREEN, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ACACIA HOUSE WITH LEFT RETURN TO THE GREEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356640 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 19:46:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
ACACIA HOUSE WITH LEFT RETURN TO THE GREEN, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Tendring (District Authority)
Parish:
Mistley
National Grid Reference:
TM 11693 31861

Details

MISTLEY HIGH STREET TM 1131 (north side)

10/247 Acacia House with left return to The Green 29.4.52

GV II

House, now an antique shop. C18 for Richard Rigby. Probably ashlar lined plasterd brick. Hipped grey slate roof. Chimney stacks to front and left return (The Green). 3 storeys and cellars. 5 window range of small paned vertically sliding sashes, moulded surrounds to ground and first floors, corner patera to ground floor. Single range of similar windows to left return (The Green). Central porch, pilasters with moulded capitals and bases, fluted columns with moulded capitals, swags and key motif to frieze, moulded flat canopy. Double doors each of 3 panels, fluted surround with lion masks. q.v. 3/227.

Listing NGR: TM1169331861

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
438485
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/04300/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham Potter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].