NUMBERS 14A AND 14B AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AND RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356746

Date first listed: 14-May-1974

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 14A AND 14B AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AND RAILINGS, 14A AND 14B, DOWNSHIRE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBERS 14A AND 14B AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AND RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356746 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 05:31:44.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 14A AND 14B AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL AND RAILINGS, 14A AND 14B, DOWNSHIRE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 26952 85723

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2685NE DOWNSHIRE HILL 798-1/27/320 (North side) 14/05/74 Nos.14A AND 14B and attached garden wall & railings

GV II

Detached villa. c1820, altered. Stucco. A long narrow plan. Single storey. Front of paired pilasters flanking a tripartite window and supporting a deep entablature with pediment. To half height, a C20 projecting rectangular wooden bay. Recessed entrance extensions to both returns with C20 doorways. INTERIORS: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached low garden wall and railings with spearhead finials; round-arched gateposts of stele type with lamp overthrow. HISTORICAL NOTE: No.14A was St John's Chapel School, founded 1830, and became St Stephen's National School by 1885. During World War I became the studios of the Carline family and meeting place for a large circle of painters known as the Hampstead Set or the Downshire Hill Group.



Listing NGR: TQ2695085723

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 477082

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing